Wednesday 18 June 2014

Remembering Paul Eddington on his birthday.

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me."


Paul Eddington 1927-1995
Quaker,   
English actor best known for his role as politician Jim Hacker in Yes, Minister and later in Yes, Prime Minister.


"A Life Well-Lived"- BBC Documentary on the life of Paul Eddington

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for being a serial commentor but I well remember watching the interview with Paul Eddington that features in this documentary and the very words as you've quoted above. It certainly made a very big impact on me (hard not to have an emotional response to that interview) and certainly sowed the seeds that would finally push to to explore Quakerism a little more. Thanks for reminding me and others of these words.

    ReplyDelete